GIRO Switchblade MTB MIPS Helmet
It's back! The Giro Switchblade MIPS is the latest incarnation of the original "Enduro" helmet. Released in 1998 - before "Enduro" wasn't even a thing - the original switchblade shocked the MTB world with its removable chin bar. While the original switchblade may have been a glorified cross country helmet with a chin bar, the new Switchblade is coming from the opposite end of the spectrum. With full ASTM downhill certification, the switchblade is a descent focussed helmet that allows you to remove the chinbar for those tough transition stages. The removable jaw piece features stainless steel hardware and anchor points moulded straight into the EPS foam for maximum stiffness and strength.
To remove the chinbar is a breeze - just push the buttons underneath the chinbar, rotate it up and it's off. Installation is just as easy.
With the chinbar removed, the full cut styling is super aggressive!
- Certified ATSM Downhill helmet with or without the chinbar. NOT ACCEPTED AT MTBA DH EVENTS, MTBA ENDURO IS FINE THOUGH.
- Easily Removable Chinbar.
- Extra cooling is delivered via wind tunnels in the cheek pads for maximum ventilation. There is 20 vents with internal channels too.
- Hydrophillic padding absorbs up to 10 x it's own weight in water. This keeps sweat from running into your eyes.
- The X-Static lining is antimicrobial to keep it smelling fresh!
- Fitting is spot on with Giro's Roc Loc Air DH system.
- MIPS technology provides maximum protection from certain crashes
- Visor has multiple positions including an "out of the way" position that allows goggle storage underneath.
- Supplied with an additional visor that has a action camera mount underneath the visor
- The Switchblade MIPS is ultra-light too at just 975g.
Measured around the head just above the ears.
- Small - 51 - 55cm
- Medium - 55 - 59cm
- Large - 59 - 63cm
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.