Maitland Draft Bicycle Plan and Strategy
Maitland City Council has currently got their proposed draft Bicycle Plan and Strategy available online which reviews the existing Bike Plan set out in 2005 and provides updated mapping of the existing cycleway network across the Maitland Local Government Area . It incorporates a list of recommendations for potential improvements to the cycle network infrastructure.
The eight objectives outlined, which support the strategies and vision and provide a consistent standard of facilities within in LGA include:
1. Provide an overarching strategy for provision of cycle facilities within the LGA.
2. Increase the use of the bicycles within the community.
3. Encourage alternative methods of transport.
4. Improve community health and provide safer routes to school.
5. Reduce the number of missing links and severance within the existing bicycle network.
6. Reduce the number of bicycle accidents.
7. Improve connectivity of the cycle network and other transport modes, primarily bus, car, train and pedestrians.
8. Complement existing and planned cycleways.
The draft Bicycle Plan and Strategy 2013
can be viewed online. Hard copies of the draft strategy will also be made available at Maitland City Council’s administration building and library branches.
Submission must include the full details of the author and be addressed as follows:
Draft Bicycle Plan and Strategy 2013
The General Manager
Maitland City Council
PO Box 220
Maitland NSW 2320
Attention : Chris McGarth
Submissions can also be lodged by email to: