Sunday 21st - Sunday 28th March 2021
Finally! We are heading back to Tasmania this March 2021 to ride the two best mountain biking locations this beautiful little island has to offer. We had to postpone all tours last year, so we are stoked to now be able to bring you the opportunity to experience six days of gravity-assisted riding in Tassie.
This tour is open to all riders with intermerdiate and above riding skills. As a guide a minimum 6-12 months consistent riding experience is ideal. The tour is gravity-focussed and all runs are shuttled, so only an average fitness level its required. Basically if you like going downhill, there’s fun to be had.
Blue Derby Mountain Bike Trails are located in north-east Tasmania in what was once a thriving tin mining town. Encompassing 125kms of purpose-built mountain bike trails with options to suit all skill levels, Blue Derby is now one of the world’s premier wilderness mountain bike networks. Instagram: @bluederby
Maydena Bike Park is a gravity-focused mountain bike park in Tasmania’s Derwent Valley. Designed and built by renowned trail company, Dirt Art, their world-class trails offer something for everyone, from families through to elite riders. Instagram: @maydenabikepark
We have an allocation for 8 riders on this tour so lock it in quick!
Tour dates: Sunday 21st - Sunday 28th March 2021
Drift Bikes Tassie MTB Tour inclusions:
- Transfers: from Drift Bikes store Kotara to Newcastle Airport (return), Launceston Airport to Derby, on to Maydena, and to Hobart Airport.
- Return flights Newcastle - Launceston and Hobart - Newcastle flying Virgin Australia, including 2 x 32 kilo baggage allowance.
- 7 nights accommodation (twin-share in Derby / single accommodation in Maydena)
- All dinners. Special mention of dinner at The Summit Maydena restaurant. Check it out, WOW. Instagram: @themaydenasummit
- 6 days Uplift Passes including shuttles:
- 3 days at Blue Derby (inc 2 days Can-Am shuttles)
- 3 days at Maydena Bike Park
- Drift Bikes Club Card to receive ongoing discounts at Drift Bikes
Not included: Breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks. We will stop at a supermarket on our way to Derby and again on our way to Maydena so you can stock up on groceries. Otherwise, meals can be purchased at both bike parks.
Tour Cost: $3,400 per person which includes everything listed above.
Only require minimum 50% deposit to book. Balance payable on or before Friday 5th March 2021. Deposit is non-refundable. Zippay payment option available to pre-approved customers. Transferable should it be deemed unsafe to travel*
If you are feeling unwell, showing symptoms or have been tested for COVID-19 and awaiting results at the time of tour departure, you must forfeit your place. You will have the option to transfer your tour place to someone else and be required to cover any transfer fees charged by the airline or other providers associated with the tour.
* Should it be deemed unsafe to travel or State borders closed due to COVID-19 cases, the entire tour will be transferred to a future date to be determined. The Directors of Drift Bikes will make the call whether to postpone the trip up the day prior to departure, based on the information provided by NSW and Tasmanian State Governments at the time of travel.
Masks may be required to be worn at times and in certain locations during the tour, inline with the current State Government guidelines.
A few other notes:
- If you live outside the Newcastle area and would like to join us on this tour, you will need to make your own way to Newcastle to depart with the group.
- Under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult.
- All riders must use a bike bag to pack their bike and gear into. No bikes in cardboard boxes please.
Full itinerary available upon request.