VITTORIA RUBINO PRO CONTROL, BLACK, 700X23MM
New to the Vittoria Rubino family, the Rubino Pro Control tyre, with G+ (Graphene) technology, offers exceptional wet-weather grip & performance. With an extra casing layer, its also strong & very capable of handling the worst of road conditions.
Top Features of the Vittoria Rubino Pro Control Folding Road Tyres
- G+ Isotech rubber compound
- 3 compound for best balance of speed, grip and suppleness
- Extra casing layer for flexible protection
- Weights: 280g/320g/360g
- Sizes: 700x23c/25c/28c
- Bead: Folding
- Technical benefits of Graphene?
- Enormous surface area: 1 gram = around 2,630 m2 that can facilitate any chemical process
- High mechanical resistance: approximately 200 times stronger than steel
- High thermal conductibility: more than 2 times that of a diamond
- Less density: is equal to half that of aluminium
- High elasticity: equal to 6 times that of steel
- High electrical conductibility, transparency, lightness, flexibility and mechanical resistance
- Please view the video under the product image for a more detailed explanation as regards the above
- Vittoria and their ITs System
- Vittoria tyres (using Graphene or G+) are now intelligent. The compounds become harder and softer, depending on the needs of the rider. If the tyre is rolling straight, the rubber is at its hardest and offers low rolling resistance. If the rider breaks, accelerates or corners, the compounds soften and offer significantly more grip. Prior to the advanced development of Graphene, there was always the requirement of choosing between optimizing, or aiming at, speed, grip, durability and puncture protection. Effectively, the introduction of Graphene allows for natural material barriers of rubber to be removed, which means that there is no longer the need for such compromises between speed, grip, durability and puncture resistance
|Wheel Size:||700c (622)|
Graphene is a revolutionary material in the form of a very thin, nearly transparent sheet of pure carbon. In its extreme form it is as thin as a single atom (1/1,000,000,000th of a meter). Vittoria uses Directa Plus Graphene called G+, which is 2 to 8 atoms thin.
The Rubino family benefits from Graphene in greatly improved (wet) grip, durability and puncture resistance. This has led to the Rubino Pro becoming the best all-round tyre. It also facilitated the development of several special purpose products in this Series.
G+ Isotech Rubber Compound
G+ Isotech is Vittoria‰۪s unique Graphene compound with revolutionary G+, as provided by technology partner Directa Plus.
No compromise is necessary with this compound that is superior in speed (rolling resistance), grip, durability and wear resistance.
Applied by Vittoria to deliver all-round products without compromise. Vittoria 3C is a layering process, using 3 separate compounds in the same tread.
The different properties of each compound, including the G+ Isotech*, allow for the improved experience in all circumstances.
About Road Race Tyres
These tyres are for racing style bikes that use clincher/hooked rims, these are the most common fitment and hook onto the rim and require an inner tube. There is a wide choice of tyres within this category and the right choice is important. Lighter tyres will accelerate quickly, but will be more prone to punctures so getting a balance is extremely important. If you require a tyre for all round use look for something with puncture protection, an average TPI(Threads Per Inch) and average weight. If you require a fast tyre and speed is the only thing that matters look for a low weight folding tyre with high TPI. If durability is your priority and speed is not so important look towards the puncture resistant tyres and consider going for a wider tyre, these will be less prone to punctures and offer a bit more comfort. For wet road conditions a triple compound or winter tyre is a good choice, these use a softer compound on the cornering surface to maximise grip.
About the Vittoria brand
Vittoria Industries Ltd. with an annual production of more than five million tires (mainly for race bikes) and nine hundred thousand famous tubulars all developed and produced in its wholly owned factory Lion Tyres in Thailand, is one of the largest race bike tire specialists and producers in the world. Its mission is to create higher value for its stakeholders and offer high quality tyres with the best available technologies to professional riders and bicycle enthusiasts. More than 15 professional teams (Pro Tour and Continental), several National Cycle Federations and the UCI Technical Centre in Aigle (CH) have used Vittoria tires for their races and training programs for many years.