2019 Rockhopper Comp
• Satin Gloss Black/Black
• Satin Gloss Cast Blue/Charcoal/Rocket Red
• Satin Black/Ion
• Gloss Storm Grey/Rocket Red/Tarmac Black
Whether you've been riding trails for decades or you're just starting your XC journey, the Rockhopper Comp 29 is here to take your rides to the next level.
It starts with our new A1 Aluminum frame that has optimized tube shapes that save weight while dramatically improving aesthetics. To go along with these clean new lines, the new Rockhopper also has internal cable routing to further clean up the frame. Lastly, our Sport XC 29 geometry adjusts the reach, angles, and standover height to make for an improved fit across the size range. This is sure to keep you ripping and confident while heading both up and down the trail.
This Rockhopper comes with a no-nonsense spec featuring a mixed Shimano drivetrain, dependable Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, grippy Ground Control and Fast Trak tires that add traction over any trail, and an SR Suntour XCM 29 fork with our custom Multi-Circuit damping that eliminates the "pogo" feel commonly associated with coil forks.
- The frame is constructed from lightweight A1 Aluminum in order to provide a compliant, durable platform to support our acclaimed XC Sport 29 Geometry. Combined, you get a bike that's more than efficient on climbs and descends just as well.
- The SR Suntour XCM fork puts out 80/90/100mm (size-specific) of plush and reactive travel, provided by coil-sprung suspension that's custom-tuned for lighter riders.
- A Shimano Acera rear derailleur controls the rear shifting with durable aplomb. It shifts along a wide gear range, 11-36t, so you can ride confidently knowing that you'll always have the right gear for the hill at hand.