ShockWiz is designed to monitor and record suspension performance information on air sprung mountain bike forks and shocks while you ride. Allowing you see how your suspension is performing and allowing you to tune your ride for the most precise performance possible.
ShockWiz is a suspension tuning system that combines high-tech hardware with an intuitive smartphone app. Lightweight, durable and powered by a long-lasting coin cell battery, ShockWiz automatically records and evaluates suspension performance every time you ride. The ShockWiz app displays straightforward adjustments that unite bike, terrain and riding style.
ShockWiz works for all mountain bike riders, regardless of their experience or bike’s intended use. It works on hardtail and dual suspension bikes, and for all levels of skill, speed and terrain.
With ShockWiz, you know exactly how your suspension is performing – and how to make it better.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
· It’s for all mountain bike riders, regardless of their experience or bike’s intended use.
· Tune for every riding style: Efficient (pedaling), Balanced, Playful or Aggressive.
· Easy-to-understand recommendations tell you exactly what to adjust.
· Works with most air-sprung suspension forks and rear shocks, from many different manufacturers.
· Works on hardtail and dual suspension bikes.
· Use it for every ride to unite bike, rider and terrain in changing conditions.
· No smartphone needed when you ride: ShockWiz stores the data for transfer later.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
· Automated tuning recommendations for air pressure, spring rate, compression and rebound are displayed in the intuitive smartphone app.
· Shock tuning score — a snapshot of how well your suspension is set up for you.
· Works for Cross-country, Trail, All Mountain or Downhill
· Inexpensive, replaceable CR2032 battery lasts for months.
· Waterproof and dustproof (IP67 rating)
· Two alternative hoses (included) offer a range of fitting options.
· Direct mount, male-male adaptor (included) for inverted forks.
· Smartphone App is compatible with Apple and Android phones
· User can select pressure units (psi/bar/kPa)
The small, waterproof case houses a highly accurate pressure sensor and microprocessor. You connect it to your fork or shock’s Schrader valve and it samples air pressure 100 times-a-second while you ride. Finely tuned algorithms analyze the changes in pressure to detect undesirable characteristics such as pogo, pack-down or bob, and class their severity. If a characteristic is severe or persistent ShockWiz will determine the adjustment required to fix it – baseline air pressure, air spring ramp, rebound, compression – and display this in the smartphone app.
The engineering principles behind ShockWiz were derived from thousands of hours of laboratory and on-bike tests. The tests verified that suspension displacement could be interpreted from changes in air pressure. ShockWiz’s algorithms came from detailed analysis of suspension data from all types of mountain bikes and terrain, and using a range of riders – from beginners to racers in the Enduro World Series and Mountain Bike World Cup.
Who Is It For?
ShockWiz is designed for all mountain bike riders, regardless of their riding style or how much suspension travel their bike has. It works on hardtail and dual suspension bikes, and for all levels of skill, speed and terrain.
ShockWiz teaches novices basic suspension tuning concepts and adjustments. It shows experts how one adjustment can affect others and helps them learn advanced tuning concepts.
ShockWiz works with most air-sprung suspension forks and rear shocks. The fork or shock must have a positive chamber with a single volume.
The ShockWiz app is compatible with most smartphones and tablets that feature Bluetooth Low Energy (formerly called Bluetooth Smart). Android devices require Jellybean 4.3 or newer and Apple devices require iOS 9 or newer.
See the Online Help for more on compatibility.